Default Mom's Motorsports

I was reading an old post about Mom's and saw people talking about the meals. Are meals included in the price? I looked at their website but didnt see anything. What is NOT included in the price? Any fuel charges for the rig?

I have a mtn sled, all riding and safety gear so I wouldnt need any rental stuff. Im just trying to figure out what is all included in the price, to determine the total price of a Mom's trip vs going out ourselves. Any other advice is appreciated as well. Thanks

This is who you should contact for that info.

http://www.momsmotorsports.com/Contact_Us.html

Traveled with Mom's last year. Included with your price are transportation on their rig for you and your sled and gear, lodging, breakfast, and dinner. The number of meals is dependent on the days of the trip. You are responsible for trail passes, meals while traveling, lunches, your own costs to meeting the rig. I would rate them very good. They are very nice people and willing to show you around at the destinations.

Rick and Jacob are real good people with lots of snowmobile knowledge riding out West. We have went on two trips with them (last two years) and they were our first trips. Rick went out of his way to make sure we knew where to go, what areas to stay away from, etc...

As far as food, I highly recommend that you go on one of their trips where Rick's wife Paula cooks breakfast and dinner. I know she does for their trip to Ten Mile Wyoming. Her cooking was EXCELLENT.

I thought you pay the advertised price + average fuel cost X 60?

I was just looking at their schedule over on doo talk yesterday. Each person pays a set package price depending on destination (which looked to be from $655 to $750), then each is also responsible for 60 gallons of fuel at market price during the week of the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by doospunk View Post
    I was just looking at their schedule over on doo talk yesterday. Each person pays a set package price depending on destination (which looked to be from $655 to $750), then each is also responsible for 60 gallons of fuel at market price during the week of the trip.
    So if diesel is $4 a gallon it would be $240. $1K for a trip to the Snowies sounds a bit high since we've been able to do them for $500-$600 a person. Yea, you gotta drive yourself, cook your own food, etc.... but if you're on a budget it might be pricey.

I emailed them a few days ago, but havent heard back yet.

So there is some trips they provide breakfast and supper on but others they dont? What about the Cooke City trip? Looking at their website, the prices are all $895 and higher? I didnt see anything at $655-$750? Am I missing something?

Do you have a link to the doo talk thread?

Like I stated in the first post, just trying to see if it is more economical for us to go with them or just go ourselves. Thanks

Not that I care either way, but I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a moment if I may. Rules is rules, and I believe there is one about "no business bashing". I have on occasion had the desire to bash a business or two on here to get the word out, but have refrained from doing so because of da rules. One of those businesses a major sponsor of the site. I realize Mom's is no longer a paying sponsor, and there was a bit of a falling out last year, but rules is rules. Maybe a slight edit is in order? Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    I believe the $750 price was last year?
    I don't know when you add sled gas and meals on the way out, it's on the expensive side in my opinion. The real thing they have going for the, is the convenience of not driving and hauling your sled. We do the snowies for around $450/ guy for 5 guys and Togwotee (guided riding every day) this year should be less than $800 all in with everything...

I believe the $750 price was last year?
    The schedule and rates were current. I'll cut and paste them over when I have a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by snoluver1 View Post
    Not that I care either way, but I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a moment if I may. Rules is rules, and I believe there is one about "no business bashing". I have on occasion had the desire to bash a business or two on here to get the word out, but have refrained from doing so because of da rules. One of those businesses a major sponsor of the site. I realize Mom's is no longer a paying sponsor, and there was a bit of a falling out last year, but rules is rules. Maybe a slight edit is in order? Just sayin'.
    Uh oh, so maybe Im asking on the wrong website then?

Quote Originally Posted by srt20 View Post

No, not at all!! One thing you can usually count on here is the truth, especially from the regulars! . I just thought we were dancing a fine line on breaking the rules that, in my opinion, should be applied to every one equally. I could very well be reading into it a little to far?

Agree.

Yes you are.

Quote Originally Posted by polarisrider1 View Post
    Yes you are.
    haha, yeah firecat guy brought back the old thread where John and Jacob got into it. and I read it. Now I know why they wont email me back. I mentioned this website when I emailed them. I had no idea about that thread, never seen it before just now.

Well if anybody want to give me any info and doesnt want to do it on here, you can always pm me. Thanks.

Are you talking abut my above post? I don't think what I said was bashing them. I made a simple statement on what I saw, and that was it.

I had a fellow JD memebr ask me this fall what I thought about Moms, I told him what I thought, both good and bad. He booked a trip with them, so I guess I must not have bashed them much at all?

If I did, John will let me know.
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

[QUOTE=srt20;293234]haha, yeah firecat guy brought back the old thread where John and Jacob got into it. and I read it. Now I know why they wont email me back. I mentioned this website when I emailed them. I had no idea about that thread, never seen it before just now.
    QUOTE]

So there is a chance that they did not e-mail you back because you mentioned this site in your e-mail? I sure hope that is not the case, not a very good way to conduct a business IMO.

haha, yeah firecat guy brought back the old thread where John and Jacob got into it. and I read it. Now I know why they wont email me back. I mentioned this website when I emailed them. I had no idea about that thread, never seen it before just now.

Well if anybody want to give me any info and doesnt want to do it on here, you can always pm me. Thanks.
    Jacob takes a while to get back. Mom's is now a "Recreational riding Club." You can only travel and/participate with them if you are sponsored and a voted in member.

Skylar, everything is cool! Pat just stirring the pot. Would not expect anything less from him.

like the sonsof anarchy? vote and all......

I like how you get I am stiring the pot out of me google my name and finding an year old thread where you seem to have brought MY NAME into it AGAIN......you are funny guy....
    Last edited by Firecatguy; 11-02-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Are you talking abut my above post? I don't think what I said was bashing them. I made a simple statement on what I saw, and that was it.

I had a fellow JD memebr ask me this fall what I thought about Moms, I told him what I thought, both good and bad. He booked a trip with them, so I guess I must not have bashed them much at all?

Sorry Skylar, I didn't mean to start a big controversy, I just thought the post was touching on a bash, and was surprised by it coming from a moderator. I didn't realize the full history with Mom's and the site. Keith has since filled me in. Like I said a couple posts down, maybe I read into it a little to far.

Doh!

I guess I'll never be a cool kid and voted in. Shucks!

Pricing on the web site is a bit confusing. I mentioned that to Jacob a couple days ago. Long explination to that. He is very busy with his "Real" job and doing the Clubs Secretary duties. He will get back if you leave a message. I have traveled with them for about 6 years averaging 2-3 trips a season. I have priced it out many ways under many senerios and I still can not truck out sleds, be fed, and get lodging for less money then doing it with Mom's. Keep in mind, I live farther away then most of you and Cooke, IP and Tog. are about 2000-2300 miles one way for me. And the truck rolls right past my house. If your closer to the mentioned western locations then your "deal" is not as great as mine. So depending on what you want to do such as drive and wrack up miles on your truck or trailer to save some perceived dollars, setup lodging and do your own cooking then be it. It is and has been a good deal for me. (I can't cook).

$25 annual membership. application, etc. Yup I even had to do it.

Sorry Skylar, I didn't mean to start a big controversy, I just thought the post was touching on a bash, and was surprised by it coming from a moderator. I didn't realize the full history with Mom's and the site. Keith has since filled me in. Like I said a couple posts down, maybe I read into it a little to far.
    No need to apologize. It's all good.

Skylar, i did ask also, and have booked a trip with them in march to lava mt. this is my first time going west should be fun.......

Can someone pass me another boo light?

Quote Originally Posted by snoseekr2 View Post
    Skylar, i did ask also, and have booked a trip with them in march to lava mt. this is my first time going west should be fun.......
    I will be on that one too. Okay Jerry, expect to talk shop, we got some Builders, a cement contractor and me a tileguy going.
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 11-03-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by polarisrider1 View Post
    I will be on that one too. Okay Jerry, expect to talk shop, we got some Builders, a cement contractor and me a tileguy going.
    Nice, i'm stoked .......

Quote Originally Posted by snoseekr2 View Post
    Nice, i'm stoked .......
    Sweet, Talked to Jacob at the Novi show today about details and we are all set. I have been there a few times before. I know of many really good spots to ride there.

Just might see you guys on that trip as well!

Quote Originally Posted by cooksend View Post
    You will really like Lava mtn. It is easier to sleep then Tog. since you will be at lower elevation. We sometimes head to Tog. for lunch and vice versa when staying out there.

Any plans to hit up Lolo this year? We are going to rent a 3 bedroom house from Kella at the Lumberjack this year. Got 8-10 guys going, probably mid Feb. The greenies are on the hunt out there. Sounds like they could use all the help they can get!

Any plans to hit up Lolo this year? We are going to rent a 3 bedroom house from Kella at the Lumberjack this year. Got 8-10 guys going, probably mid Feb. The greenies are on the hunt out there. Sounds like they could use all the help they can get!
    Not sure what is gonna take place this year! Thinking of heading out once in late feb and chasing the storms! Maybe a second run late march to Tog with Moms! HooDoo is already closed and yep Lolo is in trouble! Let's hope this Gem doesn't dissapear! Did you donate to the cause yet?

Not sure what is gonna take place this year! Thinking of heading out once in late feb and chasing the storms! Maybe a second run late march to Tog with Moms! HooDoo is already closed and yep Lolo is in trouble! Let's hope this Gem doesn't dissapear! Did you donate to the cause yet?
    I suspect the greenies hacked the USDA Lolo Creek and Lolo, mt. snowmobile info link. it kicks out everytime I try to open it. But the hiking stuff still works.

Figures! Who's ethical now! I still want to do a Troy, Seeley, Lolo run in one trip!

Not yet, but I plan to. Figured I would donate to the cause and renew my club membership while I'm out there. I am getting so sick of this crap!! If they close another riding area I'm gona go postal!

last 3 years tthe snow down at lava has suked IMO last year they had to drive up to unload.......cant say anyone I know has had a hard time sleeping at Tog the new pillow top beds are the best..........your stupid cheap shots have been noticed by many and i belive that it should stop Wayne everyone here knows you do not care for tog but to keep slamming them is getting old......sorry your buddies did not work out here but you need to keep your aditude to yourself.....

Quote Originally Posted by Firecatguy View Post
    last 3 years tthe snow down at lava has suked IMO last year they had to drive up to unload.......cant say anyone I know has had a hard time sleeping at Tog the new pillow top beds are the best..........your stupid cheap shots have been noticed by many and i belive that it should stop Wayne everyone here knows you do not care for tog but to keep slamming them is getting old......sorry your buddies did not work out here but you need to keep your aditude to yourself.....
    I have no issues with Togwotee lodge, stayed there at least 7 times. I just find it easier to sleep at Lava or Crooked Creek since it is at a lower elevation.

The price for a trip with Mom's is good if it is only one or two people going. With two people it will come close to even. I enjoyed the friendliness and food with them last year. We may utilize them again in the future. This year we are trying our own driving. We shall see the whole cost and compare when said and done for three people. Rememebr, we will do our own driving and cooking.

Going with moms is easy. Show up at the pick up piont and leave the rest to them. I don't have a new dependable truck and a enclosed trailer to tow my sled out west and neither do my friends. I don't worry about breaking down and ruining my trip paying big money to fix my rig. I don't have to reserve a hotel or worry about what I am going to eat. They take care of that. You will have to buy your own meals on the way out and back. You can watch your favorite DVD movies on the way to make time go by faster. You can lay down and sleep. You can even have a drink. Try that driving out on your own. I went with them last year and have signed up for this year to. It is just to easy to go with them and I will pay a little extra for that. I am on vacation who wants to work then!!!

We've gone to Wyoming 3 times. First time we flew and rented sleds in the Togwotee area. 2nd time we drove a car and rented sleds in the Togwotee area. 3rd time we trailed our short tracks to the Snowies.

I think each alternative has its pros and cons. It was fun to have the mountain sled but I kind of liked having my own sled out there also. We still had fun with the short tracks. Obviously you can't take them to the same places but we still were able to challenge ourselves and have fun. And you save a lot of money not renting, provided you already own a sled that would otherwise be sitting at home. Over time I see our group migrating to longer track sleds.

Next time we're going to try to go out with Mom's. The main reason is because the drive does wear you out. It does cost a little more, but not a whole lot extra, unless you would otherwise bring your own food with you and prepare it out there. We don't do that. Plus we don't have a big enclosed trailer or that great of towing vehicles, so that's an advantage of Mom's as well.

I also received a email from Jacob with all the info for joining the club this year. Headed to cooke city January 6th .. can't wait.. nothing but good times and memories from dealing with moms.. they are great people and go out of there way to help out..