Thread: HAYDAYS

I've never been to haydays. What is it like? Where to stay? Six hour drive is it worth it? Thinking we will go for sure just looking for some input. Thanks, Chris

yes it is worth the drive!huge swap got to be worlds bigest powersports swap.lots of new stuff tons of noncurrent closeouts.all the power sport equpment manufacturs .all the newsleds are showen for the first time.most of the speed shops. nice vintage show.great racing and stunt show .look in forest lake for hotel that is prob 10 min drive. I have a bud who drives up from IA yearly cant remember what town he lives in but I know he works for camoplast.thay stay in roseville at the motel 6 about a 15 to 20 min drive about 3 min from the mall 1 min from freeway exit and alot of bars and food you can walk to pool ect.651 639 3988 no I do not work for them I just looked up the number

Thanks for the info ezra I'll try that number. Haven't had much for luck everyone is booked. Looking forward to the swap.

dont know how accurate but motel 6 and supper 8 had rooms on line.

we drive 8 hours to get there-an event with snowmobiles & the love of the sport-a great event!!Awesome deals,lots of fun!I hope you can find a place to stay this late in the game...check out haydays site & click on their lodging link for some other hotels in the area!Good luck!

I just booked a room at the Best Western in White Bear Lake (651-429-5393), about 20 minutes away!

kris,
    does this mean your going to let me buy you a beer??your going to be here sat?

Not that much luck finding a room. Everything booked super 8, country inn, etc.. Pretty pumped to go though I guess we are gonna stay with some friends an hour south on friday then make the drive sat morning. Thanks for the info see you there and THINK SNOW!!

scott_l Guest

I posted this on another site, where others were also looking for rooms. Luckily I can sleep in my own bed each night and be to the track within 20-30 minutes. If you are still looking for a hotel try some of these areas.

try Mounds View about 30-40 minutes
    Blaine about 25-30 minutes
    Coon Rapids about 30 minutes
    Brooklyn Park about 40-50 minutes
    maple grove about an hour

I am just guessing on the amount of time it will take to get to the track. Any more general questions ask away. Sorry our extra rooms are already spoken for that weekend!

good luck and have fun!

Rusty, Absolutely! I will be driving up on Friday night and will be there all day Saturday. We will definitely have to connect.

A few other towns for some of you folks to check out who are looking for hotel accomodations =
    Fridley,
    Blaine,
    Ham Lake,
    Spring Lake Park,

All are within 10 to 25 minutes of Hay Days. Not alot of hotel chains, but there are some motels.

skylar Guest

I was going to be staying at Motel Dave, but now I am not going.

Yeah, that's a bummer dude. We'll shoot some pics over for ya!!! haha. Did ya hear the boys from IL that we rode with in Tog. are comin out and stayn?

hey i must have got your room skylar as Im staying at motel daves, I hear they have a great bar...

Great bar, music, and rates!

What to expect at haydays!

You SHOULD expect to get a really good deal on
    some hub caps for an 81 caprice classic, a non running weed eater weed whip, 3 matching aluminum rims for a honda trx 250 4 wheeler, a box of tachometers for polaris sleds 81-85, a completly blown up xlt motor. a garbage can full of misc used clutch springs (3 for 10 bucks!) A 05 fusion long track with a junk motor and a old yamaha 3 wheeler with 2 flat tires.
    You SHOULD also expect to get a good case of "mud butt" from drinking tap beer from 8 in the morning till 4pm and eating cheese curds in the hot sun, which will lead to having to take a #2 in completly overfilled bank of blue plastic out houses, where the smell is so bad by 10 in the morning you will seriously consider crapping yourself in front of a bunch of strangers instead of sitting in what i like to call "the tickler outhouse"
    You SHOULD expect to see all the 2010 models sleds and they will look the same as when you saw them at the spring preview except now the will have about an inch of dust on them and mini doughnuts rammed into the gas tanks from all the kids(and some adults that have beeen drinking all night in the swap area) sitting on them.

What you SHOULD NOT expect to find is anyone with any real concept of what a 5 year old sled with 7500 miles is worth. You will NOT find any "deals" on a clean used sled beacuse sellers at haydays believe that this is the spot where you can show up to swap the night before and idiot buyers will not notice that there sled has been crashed several times or that it has been for sale a haydays every year for the last 5 years. (someone with a good clean sled at a fair price does not need to indure haydays to sell it) And buyers believe they are gonna find that hidden sweet buy on the 07 rev 500 ss with a long track, all the goodies with less than 1500 miles, women drivin, sled that has never been towed in anything but an enclosed trailer for the three trips it has been on for about 2 grand.

As long as you go in with these expectations you will have a good time and it is fun, but that in a nut shell IS haydays. Just imagine what it would be like to have everyone who is on craigslist gather in one spot! Be sure to set aside at least 2 hours to do some heckling in the swap area dont be afraid to lowball on stuff you dont need cause you can always sell it next year at haydays and besides you never know when you might need that speedometer for an 84 el tigre or a dented stock pipe for the 95 vmax 600.

Oh, and there is some drag racing too!

Just kidding! (sort of)

Its a good time! and yes you should come, its by far the biggest sledding event ive ever seen! (wear confortable shoes)

I met a guy last year h that thought the USED pair of slides was a great buy at 5.00$
    bwahahah
    I bet the guy who sold them is still laughing

I've been going to Haydays for many years and to this day the funniest thing happened about 10 years ago.

A good friend of mine was desperately searching for a 1988 Indy trail rear suspension rail (this was in about 1999) and wasn't having much luck finding the rail alone without the suspension. Then, TA DA!!! There it was sitting under a pile of other parts half under a guys trailer. This friend pounced on the rail and quickly compared it to the bent one he'd been carrying along for about 4 hours. Sure enough, it was exactly what he needed. So, he walks up to the guy, and in his best suave swapmeet lingo politely asks how much the guy wants for the rail. The guy looks at the old, dirty, corroded and well used rail and says "I don't know, how about a coupla bucks?". The friend was so excited to find the part that he didn't even listen to the sellers price and must've thought it was going to be more expensive because he says "Well I don't have much money with me, would you take five dollars for it?" The rest of our group (about five guys) all look at each other and then at the seller, everyone doing there best to control the laughter and the seller, looking at my buddy for a few seconds like he's crazy says "...sure". As we're walking away everyone gave this friend so much crap about his math skills that he was afraid to buy anything else the rest of the day. To this day we still call him "2 bucks" on every snowmobile trip.

Maybe its one of those stories where you had to be there, but the look on the swappers face was so priceless that I'll never forget it.

skylar Guest

Doospunk, the Illinosnowins are heading up too? S-o-n-o-f-a-! CRAP! Boy is it going to suck sitting at home thinking about all the fun you guys will be having!

Rusty, oh yea, great bar, great music, great food, and you can't beat the rates! And the company you will be hanging with...ah, well, it's ok I guess. HA HA HA HA HA HA LOL

Doospunk, Kimmer ran into Adam's, or was it Andy's, can't remember, they look the same, friend Mike who was with you at the ride in two years ago, in the Dells last weekend. Small world eh?

GREATEST EVENT EVER!!!

Try Forest Lake to see if they have any motels open. Next year it will be even farther from the current lodging, so start looking in Lindstrom, Chisago City, Taylors Falls and St Croix Falls for places to stay NEXT year.

olsmann has the description of heydays down perfectly. People, slow down, if you have never been to it, don't drive 6 hours to go it. It really is not worth wasting gas and lodging money on, seriously. You will be disappointed and mad at yourself for driving that far. But, if walking around and looking at peoples junk that they pulled from their garage or shed, eating hot dogs and burgers from booths set up by local snow mobile clubs and watching a few sleds (and yes there are kiddy snowmobile races too, whoo hoo) is your idea of a great time, by all my means then, spend your hard earned money and come and see it.

if you like snowmobiles there will be sleds.
    if you like racing there will be racing.
    if you like stunt tricks there will be stunts

This is the BIGGEST event in snowmobile.

some may have A bad taste in ther mouth from the swaps but they are what they are ---SWAPS

If you are looking at trailers there will be trailers-- LOTS OF TRAILERS..

I think you get my point...

This is a great event, not sure what some are looking for but you will find it at HAYDAYS...

I guess you could stay home and-- CUT YOUR YARD.

Come on people I hear alot complaining about haydays--I wounder what would be said if there was no HAYDAYS

Ive been going well over 20 years and its a full day of sled,trucks,trailers,coats,bibs,after market stuff,pro riders,videos,sleds,4wheelers,oh did I say coats already and plenty more STUFF THAN THAT..

oh and BEER too!!

yeehaw see ya all next week!!

only if they had snow? EH

Somebody say beer! I'll be there. Beeeeer.

ya--- beer and chips too...I like beer

Skylar - Small world. Yeah, that was Andy's brother (Adam)'s friend.

We'll do a toast to ya!!

Kev and Rusty - Yup. Beer with the sweet aroma of two stroke in the air. Can't beat that!

borderstaff I like that story about your buddy. "2 bucks, that would be a permanent nickname with our group.

Were abouts is motel daves?
    Going up fri night one heck of a party
    going on around there [haydays] fri night!

love /hate imo I love dust/mud/hot/cold/rain/sun I love this this sport and hayday . IT'S THE START OF WINTER LETS RIDE.

It must be the Haydays itch - I've spent at least 12 hours on sled sites each day this week...well maybe 2-3, but it feels like 12!

olny this week maby. I need to go to your support group or get the name of the anti winter obsessive drugs you must be on.it would free up alot of my time.maby just a support group to stop my obsessive need to mod my sleds that would prob free up 100's of hrs a year and money I dont eaven want to think about.

Ezra
    we hold meeting every second tues!!!YOU MUST HAVE A SPONSOR..lol

This is my first time going. I've heard horror stories about the parking. Any of you that have gone several times have some advice on what time we need to get there on Saturday to avoid a long wait, and any other advice to make our first time there less hectic? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Gregg

We usually get there around 10:30 and park pretty close (1/4 mile or so)going up tommorow night this year to eliminate the 8 hrs travel time in one day. Not really a hectic place just alot of people, be patient and remember there are thousands just like you wanting to look at it all also.

look for TEAM HENNESSEY! Come have a beer!
    YOu'll see us!
    Scottiking OUT

scott_l Guest

nomus5

Don't worry about the parking, there is plenty. Yes if you get there at 1:00 and want to park in one of the free lots you probably will be walking about 1/4 mile. But you are going to be walking all day any ways so whats a little more. If your willing to pay $10.00-$20.00 you will be able to park real close in some ones yard (OK you used to be able to do this, but I heard the town ship was putting some new restrictions on the neighbors this year, but I can't believe they will not let people park cars in their yards).

Personally I would try to be there no later than 10:00.

A lot of people pack a cooler and lawn chairs (no you can not bring them into Hay Days). You go into Hay Days in the morning walk around for 3-5 hours go back to your car pull out the lawn chair make a sandwich have a soda, relax, count how much money you have already spent then go back in.

Remember most of Hay Days is put on by volunteers. Yes most of the volunteers belong to a local snowmobile club that gets money form the Barrons but the people themselves are not usally walking away with cash in their pockets. So a couple of thank yous during the day goes a long way!

Have fun see ya there.

24 hours before the gates open

I'm a HAYDAYS virgin, can't wait to see what it's all about. Need to stimulate the economy.

Were packed up and ready for the weekend.

The trailer is packed for the swap and everyone is pumped.

Should be a blast as usual.

Have fun everyone.

remember to grab the kids wagon

just got home got the 1/16 in of dust off the shower floor was brown for at least 30 sec.thear was a dusty haze that reminded me of the picks of the great dust bowl.funny thing the parking end of swap had like 3 empty rows that were marked for parking Hmmmm.I cant beleve I walked the whole swap and olny found 1 136x2 used track and he would not sell unless he sold the x fire.I did get the BD-Extreem flyer and thay are selling a adjustable telescoping post cant find on line but on the flyer. I was going to do the cat parts thing but maby I can just get the BD.all in all some good deals some crazy people who think a used part has olny incresed in value with use and time good heckels with people good racing lots of beer what else do you want exept the snow.good times. ps I need more cow bell

Got my brand new M1000 in the garage!
    LET IT SNOW!
    Scottiking OUT

lets see some pictures!

Yea, we want to see some pics.

Right on Scotty welcome to the dark side. lol

skylar Guest

Scottiking, what year? Pictures? C'mon man let's see it!

I did not think boondocker was going to let the display rtr m1000 go untill after the show

Its an 07 M 1000! new carry over or whatever ya call it??
    I'll post a pic soon!
    Scottiking OUT

Here it is! ill go take one in the garage now!

Scottiking OUT

scott_l Guest

scottiking who did you pick it up from. I saw a lot of sleds at "good prices".

got it from the dealer from Sauk center, their booth was kind of in back of the big Cat booth display

Here are some pic's! kind of dark but I'll get better ones another day, it is dark out in the garage!

Scottiking OUT

Cat Country is in Sauk Center

howwwwwwwwwwwww sawwweeeeet.

m8man
    ahh, watch this..

cat country allways has great deals on non current I got one from them this year 1 last and 2 buds also got one this year allways killer deals.early aug he seems to get a fresh batch of non current.

I think cat gives cat dealers pretty good deals on non currents to get them sold

sweet sled Scottking your going to love it the M's handle awsome in the snow. The guys up at cat country are a bunch of nice guys did ya buy it from Travis?

I think it was Travis, I really dealtwith 2 guys!
    Nice guys!
    I kind of wanted to go up 2 years to at least an 08 but its brand new w no miles and a 3 month warr! to I'm sure I will love it!
    so now I went from yam to cat to pol to yam to pol and now back to cat! LOVE UM ALL as long as they get me tru daa woods!

Might have to change my name back to SCOTTICAT!

Scottiking OUT

scotticat, lol

Biff picked up a 07 m8 "demo" last year and he loves the sled.

one upgrade you might like ALOT is to vent the running boards--Biffs sled cam from the dealer with this done and it was better looking than the inserts"better borders" if you give them a call at Red wing arctic cat he can help you out , its a kit from black diamond and i believe the kit is around 200$ but the cat dealer already has it so he might just charge a minimal fee to do to your sled. will have pics for you later I will stop buy Biff on my way to work.

Ya Rusty! that was the main thing I wish I had compared to the newer models! I'll have to check that out for an upgrade!
    Scottiking OUT

Nice sled scottking! call Greg at West End Sports in Red Wing he has the tool to punch them out. don't know if he would do it for you or not , can't hurt to call. Gonna go snap some pics and I will have rusty post them tonight. Glad to see that cat pulled another one in. Enjoy The Toy!!!!

I think the cpc performance no snows look the best but the black diamond tool is sweet and a bud picked one up after I allredy did my boards.he has had his boards done with the BD tool for 2 yrs no probs still looks great.I used the cpc kit to help stiffen tunnel because I run a 06 and thay need all the help thay can get.

so what'd everybody else get? not seeing too many lists of goodies. no ones wants to make me jealous? is that it? lol i was gonna go but then i couldn't. i'm sad

I got dirty and hot

scotti1000,
    here some pics of Biffs sled like he said just call greg great guy to deal with.

Thanks rusty!
    Looks sweet!
    Scottiking OUT

gona be tough to add those on

and why is that???

I think these look as good or better than stock and love the way the snow does not build up. rp7x these are punched out right on the sled no need to add anything,I would also say that it seems to strenghthn up the running board itself.

Dirty and hot the whole weekend. Still fun as heck.

Any reason why no one is using the name Country Cat? I'm sure that there is a cat country somewhere too, but not this dealer.

Did anyone see the turbo M sled at the main Cat display? That was a pretty nice looking machine.

thats great if thy punch them out , ive seen add ons that look like chit from the bottom i guess i like things clean less to snag on

thay punch them out with a tool. you have to drill 4 holes then jig saw the hole. the tool is like a big iron block the shape of the hole tapperd with a threded hole you put that part on the top of the rail. the plate and bolt on under side and crank bolt till till tapperd block is flush with plate.tool was like 300 bucks but thay no longer sell.I thought it would be better to tapper holes up so you get more traction but you would have to get xtra nice cuts.ps it is not a 10min job at least when we did my buds it was over 2 hrs.and we actualy read the manual prob a first for me

favoritos you are right it is country cat.....must of had a case of dyslexia

country cat,opps haha just caught that -- thanks

Hey Scottiking,
    I have your sales man on video,lol and mechanic
    pj is also a salesman ther
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aodji...e=channel_page

great guys going to be were I get my next sled..

Hey ScottiKing... Are you going back to SCOTTICAT now???

REV IT UPx3!

Jul

rusty1577, are we talking about the pj that also races for them? I think he does pretty good on the ovals. Nice video and editing BTW.

We went to the Thunderstruck premier at Majors on Friday night. They threw a pretty good video together for this season. Fun to watch and hang out.

Did anyone sit down and watch the quads and sleds doing the freestyle at Haydays? That was pretty impressive. They just kept jumping one after the other. Massive air for those quads.

favoritos,
    yep Thats PJ wanderscheid..I guess he real good at ovals..lol great rider hoping to ride with them again this year.

Thanks

JUL
    I dont think I'll go back!
    The KING lives forever!! ha ha
    WE'll maybe??

REV IT OUT!
    Scottiking OUT